Zenith is committed to safeguarding personal information collected from candidates.
Personal information will be collected from candidates when they register with us, when we evaluate their skills, when we match them to jobs and when we put them forward to our clients. When candidates become our employees or contractors, any further personal information collected or generated as a result of our relationship is safeguarded and protected from access by unauthorised individuals.
We will only ask for and record personal information that will help us to place candidates in the jobs best suited to them.
We will not pass on any personal information without the consent of the candidate or the referee. Personal information passed on to Zenith by third parties will be treated in the same way.
Information collected by Zenith will not be sold, rented or licensed to anyone else. When the information is no longer of use to us, we will destroy it in a manner that protects the privacy of the individual. Likewise, you have the option of having your details deleted from Zenith’s database at any time.
We strive to protect data transmitted to us over the Internet but because such transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted in this way. We will make every effort to make it secure on our own systems.
Personal information held by Zenith is available for review by the individual in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of personal and sensitive information
We only want you to give us personal information that is relevant to the job you are applying for, or that you want us to use in finding you a future job. If you provide such information we understand you want us to use it for these purposes only.
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you submit an application through our website.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when we receive:
- any reference about you
- results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- child care checks
- results of any competency or medical tests
- feedback on your performance (whether positive or negative)
- a complaint from or about you in the workplace
- information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- additional information you provide about yourself
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- actual or possible placement in a contract, casual or permanent job
- performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our (or our client’s) identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- our clients and your potential and actual employers
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- a workers compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work
You can gain access to your information
The Privacy Act 1988 sets out your rights to see and have a copy of any personal information about you that we hold. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact your personnel consultant.